12/28/2011

Lime Crime Carousel Gloss Review and Swatches

Loop-de-Loop
Candy Apple
Kaleidoscope
Golden Ticket
Cherry on Top

The Lime Crime Carousel Gloss Collection that I had been dying to get. Oh they are lovely! I actually wanted Golden Ticket only first then I also wanted Cherry on Top and Candy Apple then I wanted Kaleidoscope too because of the turquoise sparkles and then I decided the smartest thing to do would be to purchase the entire collection because it was discounted and I wanted 3 out of the 5 anyway (btw smartest decision I made!).

So lets start the review. I personally love these products, I am supper happy with the purchase I made and I am going to wear these through out December (party month!).

The packaging is adorable. I love the purple packaging each lip gloss comes in and I also love the carousel themed lip container is AMAZING! So cute! The applicator also worked very well for me and surprisingly the lip gloss was not that sticky. I have seen some reviews and they said it was sticky but I didn't find it sticky and TRUST me I have had sticky lip gloss (the Victorias Secret ones are uber sticky, not cool!). For these swatches I did not use any base lipstick or primers, they are just on my bare lips. As you can tell from the swatches the colors are very vibrant and opaque. 
 
Loop-de-Loop is a dark blue with iridescent sparkles and it is just lovely. It did not come out too well on my lips but maybe next time I will use a lipstick base underneath.  I would not wear this color but it is amazing. 

Candy Apple is the one lip gloss I think everyone bought. I really love this one it is a red with crimson glitter. Its just gorgeous, I don't even have words. 

Kaleidoscope is a purple with turquoise sparkle and again I would probably not wear it but you never know because purple and turquoise are my favorite colors. 

Oh Golden Ticket the reason I bought these lip glosses! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE this one! I had been searching for an awesome gold lip gloss and I was considering getting a nice gold pigment and a clear lip gloss and creating my own but then I came across Lime Crime. When I showed my boyfriend this color and I told him I was going to buy it he laughed at me and said you are never going to wear it, who would wear it. Well let me tell you he took back those words when I put it on and showed him, he was like ooohh that's such a nice color! I told him he had to wait and see it but you know boys will be boys. Golden Ticket went on really nice and I only put on coat on and it looked amazing! 

Now on to the last one. Cherry on Top is a redish-pinkish gloss with some rainbowish sparkles. I honestly love this but the picture doesn't do this color justice. It looks soo much nicer in person and even though it is very similar to Candy Apple, you can see the difference if you look good enough. I love this color and its definitely one of my go to lip glosses. 

Sorry for this long post but do read it. If you are not someone who wears bright and funky lip glosses but you do want one of the Carousel Glosses I would either opt for Candy Apple of Cherry on Top because you know you will wear one of them or both =]. 
I did hear some people saying that Lime Crime should have included a neutral color but the thing is Lime Crime is all about bright funky unique colors so I understand why they did not put a neutral color in the collection. But what I will say is that I think Lime Crime should come out with another collection of glosses for Spring or Summer with a lilac (like d'lilac) color with some pink sparkles or a coral/orangey (like cosmopop) gloss. Lime Crime would still be offering color therefore sticking to their brand and we would get some more wearable colors also! 

I hope this review helped the ones who have been contemplating whether to a get a gloss or not. 

If you do get one or if you did please share! 

Follow me on Twitter and Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments =] Feel free to leave one <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...